Careers that make a world of difference!When you make a decision to work with Christian Children’s Fund of Canada (CCFC) you’re not just doing something great for your career, you are also saying you care about positively impacting the lives of children, their families and communities around the world. We know there are lots of career options for talented, top performers like you, but not many offer the opportunity to make a lasting difference. CCFC is currently recruiting for the following position: Director, Program Development & External Engagement. Reporting to the Chief International Programs Officer (CIPO) and to the CEO, the role incumbent will be a highly influential leader, and a member of the Global Leadership Team (GLT) and Policy and Programs function. Working along side the CIPO and the CEO, s/he will provide strategic leadership to i) the organization’s global child focused policy work and ii) lead institutional fundraising. The role includes: networking and developing strategic partnerships, profiling and providing visibility to CCFC’s policy work externally, and collaborating with other International NGOs and other actors (academia, multilateral and bilateral agencies, among others) in child-focused policy and advocacy work. They will also lead organizational efforts in grant acquisition by building government relations and innovation in institutional fund raising. To diversify funding streams, they will analyse donor trends, engage with institutional donors, new funding instruments, facilitate building successful consortiums and strategic partnerships. The position can be located in our Markham office or in Ottawa. This role includes, but not limited to:
- Serve as CCFC’s chief liaison in Ottawa;
- In partnership with the CEO and the CIPO, lead the development and roll out of CCFC’s influence strategy;
- Lead and implement the resource acquisition strategy with a specific focus on institutional grants; build strategic consortium and partnerships to facilitate successful bids;
- Support country office and ChildFund Alliance led advocacy initiatives, and campaigns;
- Identify external partnerships and initiatives aimed at strengthening CCFC’s global policy direction;
- Overall leadership for the Global Youth Ambassador Program;
- Support Innovation Hubs’ Initiatives in partnership with the Director, Program Effectiveness and Resource Management;
- Collaborate with the Director, Strategic Communications for external policy engagement/ messaging etc.;
- Provide technical support and expertise for the development of programs and projects with a particular focus on core CCFC programing areas;
- Comply with all CCFC policies and procedures;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Attributes, Traits, Behaviours:
- Relevant university degree (International Development or related fields) at the graduate level;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in international development including a minimum 5 years’ of management experience;
- Strong understanding of and experience in international development and key current policy debates, as well as, knowledge of the child rights agenda and Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development;
- Extensive experience in CCFC’s core technical areas of expertise (Child Protection, Child Participation, Gender) with the focus on Innovation;
- Proven track record at global level of external influence and of establishing and leading strategic partnerships;
- Expertise leading and developing grant acquisition in the international development sector; with proven success in winning awards greater than $2 million; impressive track record in Institutional grants acquisition with donors e.g. Government of Canada, EU, ECHO, USAid, DFID
- Proven track record in building strategic partnerships;
- Proven government relations ability and superior communications skills to develop key networks in CCFC priority policies and sectors;
- Proven ability to train trainers, develop and motivate staff, mentor and build human resource capacity;
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills including the ability to network, collaborate, build relationships and negotiate;
- Knowledge and experience of sound project management principles including planning, budgeting, compliance monitoring, evaluation and assessment;
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and experience;
- Good computer skills, specifically in Word, Excel, MS Project, Internet, custom databases;
- Ability to travel frequently nationally and internationally as required;
- Ability to speak and/or write in either French or Spanish will be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated commitment to CCFC’s Vision, Mission and Values.
CCFC offers competitive paid time-off benefits and a comprehensive group benefits plan, including health/dental, life insurance, disability, EAP and company-match RRSP. If you believe you have that unique combination of a not-for-profit heart combined with the skills and interest for the Director, Program Development & External Engagement position, then you will want to apply for this opportunity. If you are already on CCFC’s job posting site, click on the “Apply Now” button found at the bottom of this screen to submit your résumé & covering letter. Follow the application process stated on the specific job posting, you will be required to complete a very brief questionnaire and submit your résumé and covering letter. If you are not on CCFC’s job posting site, go to the following webpage to apply: https://ccfcanada.secure.force.com/careers/ If you experience any issues with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org CCFC is not accepting recruitment agency/firm referrals.Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Consistent with our Child Safeguarding Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a Canadian criminal record check.
- Strategic thinker;
- Accountability for results;
- Adaptable to changing demands and priorities;
- Accustomed to managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Proactive, deadline-driven, self-starter;
- Team builder and coach;
- Commitment to ongoing professional development;
- Self-starter and ability to self-manage in a virtual office environment.
CCFC is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
CCFC is committed to providing workplace accommodations. If you require an accommodation, inform us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.